Wednesday 19 October 2011

From boat to caravan - wot no log fire?

I spent a few days opposite and then outside Swanley Marina, packing ready to leave the boat.  Yesterday I saw it swiftly pulled out of the water on a trailer and pulled along the road, jet washed and backed into the paintshed - for a full (much needed) repaint - I won't recognise it when it comes out.  Am now spending 3 weeks in a caravan, just 5 min walk from the boat.  It is a bit strange but yesterday there was plenty of wind rocking it so I felt I was still on the water!  This morning I really did miss cleaning and stoking the fire, just turning up the heat felt like cheating.  This afternoon went over to the marina to see where I will moor after painting and then went to see the boat - already the roof  and half sides stripped - can't wait to see it naked!  No more travels to report this year - but may post a picture when painting is completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment