Saturday 16 July 2011

Boat fixed and a holiday in France!

On arrival at Orchard Marina, Gary the boatbuilder arranged for Sandra the electrician to remove alternator and it was taken to Terry the Alternator Expert. I really didn't think it would be repairable so I could be there some time. Next day I took three buses and a train to get to Leyland to retrieve my car from daughter's house. Friday I set off from the boat for Devon, enabling me to spend a weekend with my eldest son, Steve, and family in their much renovated new house - almost completed and what a difference to January when I helped them strip layers of wallpaper and paint prior to the builders moving in. This time was more relaxing although I did manage to get a gardening fix - rooftop boxes are not as fulfilling!

Monday 11 July saw me driving back to Rudheath - to find the alternator was refitted. Terry had managed to replace many parts! The next day I paid the bill - over £200 - another hole in the water filled!

I returned to Billinge Flash for a night and wind down. Next day on to Middlewich, quick shop, then up the locks and onto the Middlewich Branch. I moored that night at a lovely spot I call Weaver View which also overlooks Winsford Top Flash. Next night above Cholmondeston lock and on to Barbridge. Two buses to Northwich where I had a look at the river - just in case Trevor and Gail had arrived there on Bear Squeeze. There were in fact a couple of moorings free tho! Quick lunch and tour of the shops before another bus to Gadbrook Park, 15 min walk to the marina to retrieve car and drove to Nantwich before another bus to the boat.

Will now hang around Nantwich area, boat service tomorrow, before Kathy and Les formerly of nb All Seasons come to take the boat to Wigan area while I have a holiday in France with youngest son Graham and family - yippee! It rained a bit on St Swithin's Day, as last year, so I just hope the wet summer doesn't apply in France or continue into August when Chris, Mary and I take the boat from Wigan to Leeds and down the Huddersfield Narrow - we need some more sun, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment