Sunday 16 May 2010

Jim has fixed it for me!

Great news! Jim Woolfall, BSS/engineer and member of Mersey Motor Boat Club (Scarisbrick Branch) has taken apart my alternator and found the brushes were worn. This took a while as he was off on a club cruise over the BH weekend and then busy with other committments after his previous 2 week holiday. I was fine with a hook up and enjoyed a long weekend with son Steve and his family in Devon. On my return, Jim had refitted the alternator and all was well. I left the boat club next day then gave the boat a test run/charge eastwards and returned to Scarisbrick. No beeping or buzzing and batteries charging - bliss! I travelled on to Halsall, moving the car in the afternoon, so I could do a weekend food shop.

On Saturday I cruised to Lydiate, the last decent area to leave a boat. The countryside is attractive but mostly arable and very flat - just like around Rufford and the fenlands around Ely. At Lydiate I moored opposite the Boat Club's headquarters and took a bus into Liverpool for the afternoon. A lovely day and Liverpool was even busier around the dock than when I went by boat a few weeks ago.

Today is very windy so I will stay put and return to Halsall in the morning - mooring a 57' boat with 15mph winds blowing you to the other side is no joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment